The last post was on some of the cheapest web hosting provider in the industry, so as you’ve now the hosting so it’s now a really important thing to consider about is that you are safe from all kind of hacking stuff.
The Internet has been an important breakthrough and is constantly changing our lives in many ways. But, we are never too cautious when it comes to keeping safe online.
5 tips on how to stay secure from hackers.
- Avoid accessing unsafe websites. Through social engineering, many websites promote themselves by using data that will catch the user’s attention, such as: discounts, promotions, exclusive material, premieres, etc. The best thing to do is to avoid malicious websites altogether.
- Download apps from secure and official websites only. Many sites offer to download popular apps that are potentially malicious, for what I strongly recommend to download apps from each publisher’s official site. Unsecured sites allow hackers to view all web traffic over the network.
- Watch out for suspicious links and attachments. By redirecting users to malicious links is one of the most typical way for hackers to attack. A very commonly used way for hackers to trick users into opening and clicking on infected links is Spam emails and attachments. Microsoft Office helps protect you from these risks by enabling security alerts about links to suspicious websites.
- Protect your computer by using safety measures, such as security technology. By enabling the firewall built into your computer’s operating system, you can protect your computer from being attacked.
- Avoid submitting personal information to illegitimate websites. It is highly recommended for users that must fill out personal information (name, password, credit card number, etc.) to reassure the site’s legitimacy. One good way to do so is by only entering sites that use HTTPS protocol. When your web browser is using HTTPS, you’ll see a padlock icon, green browser bar. This way you will be able to avoid phishing attacks.
Just like in our day to day lives good security practices come in handy when upgrading our online protection level. It is very important to promote user’s education and information so that he or she will be less exposed to potential threats.